How To Run Exe Files On Android
This article tells you how you can run EXE files on your android phone easily with three different methods.
For those who don’t know, .exe is a common filename extension denoting an executable file (the main execution point of a computer program) for Microsoft Windows.
It is basically a binary language set of data and instructions [language understood by the computers] that helps you interact with the device and perform the tasks that a program exe is designed for.
Usually, setup files for computer programs come in this format, and you can easily install the entire package by opening the file and stating simply you can’t just make all EXE files work on your Android device.
But since nowadays people are always on the run as a result of a busy lifestyle and when all the things are mostly done on mobiles, from ordering food to arranging marriages, ways to open such exe files is something which can come handy and that’s why in this articles we have listed ways which can help you run your exe files on your Android.
So whether you are interested to play your favorite video game or just want to run an exe based software on your Android device, we have got you all covered up.
Unfortunately, you cannot use it directly or download .exe files on Android OS. Nevertheless, you can use third-party apps that can help you.
But before jumping onto the ways you need to keep in mind that not all home files will run on Android, even with the help of these special apps.
So if you are here because you wanted to play Half-Life or Counter-Strike like video games on your Android device, sorry my friend but this article might disappoint you.
1. Use DOS Emulator DOSBox
The very first entry in our list is the DOSBox and the reason it’s in the first number is that the DOS Operating System is running the DOSBox emulators are the most useful in running Windows or MS-DOS compatible files over cross-platform.
Simply stating, DOS BOX is an app that creates a command line on your Android phone and thus can enable you to open the EXE file.
You can find many DOS BOX apps on Google Play store, but the one we are going to talk about today is aFreebox, the most popular one, and additionally, it provides some additional features as well.
Freebox is a completely free port of the latest SVN version of DosBox and it uses the same core engine as Dos Box Turbo. Let’s take a look at the steps on how to go about with this app:-
- The first step is to download the app and install it on your Android device. When you download the app, the one thing you need to ensure is that the required exe file you intend to run is in a root folder and is named in a way that you will remember easily.
- After that run the new app, which you have just installed and once the app is active, the next thing you have to do is to type the name of your EXE file let’s suppose its name to be gillyweed into the command line and then press Enter. Here try not to stress over case sensitivity; there is no requirement for that.
- Presently you will be directed into the folder wherein your exe file is. From that point type in the exe name in the command line and it won’t be necessary for you to place in the .exe toward the end as well.
- At last, you will be capable to run the required exe file on your android gadget only if the program is perfect with the DOS BOX application.
2. Use the Inno Setup Extractor App
If you weren’t able to open your exe file with the help of the above-mentioned way, no worries as there is another way.
The next method is definitely simpler and won’t take much time. Inno Setup Extractor sole purpose as the name suggests is to extract the exe files.
For this app, all you have to do is to simply download the application from Google play store and install it in your device. When you have done that, put your required exe file on your device.
Go to your file manager and locate this file and afterward open them with this app.
Subsequently, the app will do its work and will extract the files, and just like that following these simple steps will let you have excess to your required EXE files that can be opened later on by you in your Android device.
3. Remote Desktop Viewer
The next method in our list is quite an indirect method but it will let you run your EXE files in your Android device.
Since the exe document can’t be run legitimately from your Android phone, you may have to utilize your windows PC to host the application with the Android gadget acting as a presentation and interface for the application.
It might sound a little confusing but this all will be done with the assistance of VNC (Virtual Network Computing) clients.
With the help of this app, you can get to the computer screen remotely and get access to its files and thus install it on PC.
And just like that, you’ll be able to view or control the applications running on the PC using your cell phone. We have mentioned the detailed steps below to get you started with it:-
- The first step is simply installing a freeware VNC Client on your PC. This is the most important step, as this is the software that would ultimately enable your computer to be controlled and viewed from another device.
- After the launch of the server and the completion of the initial setup, copy the external IP Address and Port number to course the connection. Also additionally, note down the PC Name if necessary.
- At this point, you are required to install any VNC client application in your Android device. These apps are easily accessible and are also available for free, for example, Mocha VNC Lite and Android-vnc-viewer.
- After the installation of the app, enter the IP with the port number. You will also have to enter the passwords and other details.
- As now the setup is whole, you will be capable to remotely access your PC over the network and thus be able to open the required exe file from your Android device.
In this article, we have tried to cover all the possible ways that will let you have access to your required EXE files.
These ways in no way can guarantee a 100% access as once again we would like to point out that not all exe programs can be run on your Android device, even if it has the highest-end hardware specs.
Technology is improving day by day and there are chances that someday Android will properly and without the use of any third-party app will make it possible to run the EXE files in it.
Until then, these methods can be quite productive as the answer to your question-“How to run exe files on android?”
Do you have a favorite app or another method that you use to run exe files on Android or do you have any questions or suggestions, if YES! We would love to hear from you. Drop them in the comments below and for more stuff like this stay tuned!